Film Diary NYC Presents: Building Steam with a Grain of Salt
On Friday, March 31st at 7pm, join us at the FMC Screening Room (475 Park Ave. South, 6th Floor) for “Building Steam with a Grain of Salt”, a program of diaristic films curated and presented by our friends at Film Diary NYC!
"Building Steam with a Grain of Salt" draws from FMC’s vast archive and beyond to survey transcendent, hauntingly intimate work by experimental filmmakers working in first-person, diaristic modes.
The program is curated by Saint Piñero and Sage Ó Tuama of Film Diary NYC, and features guest curator picks by film critic Joshua Minsoo Kim (Tone Glow, Pitchfork) and filmmakers Grace E. Mitchell and Jard Lerebours.
(TRT: 54 minutes)
- Kites (2022) by Allen Golder, 5 minutes (digital projection)***
- if there’s light move toward it; (2023) by Saint Piñero, 5 minutes (digital projection)
- Forged Ways (2011) by Ephraim Asili, 16 minutes (digital projection)
- San Diego (2020) by Fox Maxy, 32 minutes (digital projection)
(TRT: 48 minutes)
- Trains are for Dreaming (1999) by Jennifer Reeves, 7 minutes (16mm projection)*
- Nimbus (1978) by Gary Doberman, 5 minutes (16mm projection)**
- Lament Poems for Neptune Ave (2023) by Sage Ó Tuama, 10 minutes (digital projection)
- Todo (2023) by Victoria Guillem, 25 minutes (digital projection)
* Guest curator pick: Grace Mitchell
** Guest curator pick: Joshua Minsoo Kim
*** Guest curator pick: Jard Lerebours